Still waiting on the closing. I just want to get started. Never been one for patience. I keep waling by, hoping and imagining.
Things I have discovered while packing:
- New shoe-boxes can be re-purposed to hold delicate glassware acquired from a wedding years ago.
- I’m leaving the dregs of the kitchen – pots, dishware etc for him to use. I have no interest in it or the memories. I want a fresh start, in a different color.
- I’m seriously OCD about labeling stuff. I’ve decided that color-coding boxes may be going a smidgen too far in the packing.
- Purging stuff feels really good. I could never be a hoarder.
- I have gotten down to only seven boxes of books.